Beth Sholom offers an Adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah program; a Hebrew Literacy Campaign; morning, evening and afternoon classes for men and women sponsored by the Sisterhood and Men’s Club; and Sunday morning classes in Hebrew reading, davening and Yiddish.
Adults are encouraged to participate in the many classes offered, as well as to follow their own paths of study in consultation with our clergy.
Some highlights of our adult education program are:
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah preparation.
- Adult component of our Religious School Family Education program, open to all congregants.
- Evening study sessions with Rabbis where texts and current events are discussed.
- Short study sessions led by our clergy after our daily minyan.
- Sunday lay-led sessions on Hebrew reading, Davening, Yiddish and Torah chanting.
- Scholar-in-Residence Program.
- Shabbat Lunch and Learn guest lectures by local scholars.
- Book discussion groups.
- Annual Jewish learning festivals.
- Independent study with mentors and/or study partners, by arrangement with our clergy.
For further information contact Julie Atchick at (215) 887-1342 ext. 216.
Registration is necessary for classes only. Classes are offered by Zoom and/or in person. Class schedules may be subject to change.